I will give away a simple trick on how to be happy just at the end of the article, but first read this:
Ok, this might sound too straightforward for some readers, but this fact is proven –
HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
I can already see some thoughts of doubt circling in your head, “Not agaaaain, can you just give me a proper answer on how to be happy?”
Yes, I can! I can because once I have been unhappy myself and it felt like there is no way out. It took me years of digging to finally find my happiness. To be precise, it took me:
- 30+ books & hundreds of articles
- half a year course on Psychology
- 25 sessions with 3 psychologists
So now I know HOW TO BE HAPPY and I repeat:
HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
But what does it mean and what shall you do about it?
1) Read the article HOW TO BE HAPPY: 15 POWERFUL TECHNIQUES YOU CAN START USING TODAY
2) Come to understanding that your thoughts shape your reality
3) Grab those negative thoughts by tail and kick them out of your head, and here is HOW (and that’s the trick!):
Download the FREE application for Mood tracking – Daylio
How does it work:
You set time for the app (usually evening) to push a pop-up for your mood evaluation, so every evening it asks you to evaluate your mood:
What does it give you:
You become more conscious about your mood and what influences it. As a result, you start more careful about what thoughts you think.
When I first started using the app, my mood fluctuated a lot. Gradually I started to be more attentive to my mood and what influenced it. Once I have spotted the negative triggers, I have realised that they are actually so insignificant that I can easily substitute them with positive thoughts. For example:
You stuck in traffic and it spoils your mood. Shift your energy into something more positive:
- remind yourself that you are one of those lucky people who actually have a car
- praise yourself for your accomplishments (small & big), this will boost your confidence
- listen to useful podcasts or audiobooks. Soundcloud is a great app for finding podcasts that interest you
- call your loved ones to say some nice words of appreciation
- express gratitude for all the small and big things you have in your life
There are so many nice things we can do to shift our mood into a positive vibe! To make it a habit, practice it for at least 21 day. That’s how long it takes to develop a new habit.
Once you master it, even big misfortunes will not be able to dominate your mood and happiness.
Here is one more recommended reading for a happier and more fulfilled life: 10 Books That Will Change Your Life
Be yourself, be happy! And if any question, post it in the comment box below.
Author: Anna Boroshok